Tuesday 3 August 2010

Welcome and a massive HELLO to all of you!!

Hi to you all


And you are very very welcome to my blog! I am still getting used to using this website, so you will probably see a lot of change on how it looks over the coming months.

Me massaging at Hatch Farm, just outside
M4 in Reading!

I am a professional Equine Body Worker (EBW) which means I have qualified to give horses sports massage. I am based in Reading, Berkshire UK, but will travel for appointments albeit most of my customers are reasonably close by. I only address issues that arise from the soft tissue (exactly as a human sports masseur would) and as much as you would consult your GP for anything more serious, you MUST consult your VET as a first point of call and chat to him/her about you considering having me to massage your horse. I am also fully insured, so if you get the vets referral, you are likely to be able to claim the money back from your insurance company.

I absolutely love what I do, I find it very relaxing and it really takes me to a focused state of being whereby I almost 'listen' to the horse through my hands. The more different horses I see, the more I learn. It is all about feel, I think. And as you as horsey people know, the horses really do let you know where they are tight or sore. I move slowly, keep watching their eyes and the expression on their face, apply a bit more pressure, depending on the horses treshold and to some deeper work on areas that I feel need addressing.

Massaging TeePee and Wokingham
Equestrian Centre
many years ago
Please do have a look at my website www.susannashorsetherapy.com

Hope to see you here again soon - I hope to make this channel educational too, not just full of my blobber :DD Even there is bound to be some of that too. But I beleive things tend to organically mold themselves, so I havent got an agenda in place, I will just let myself to quide me!!

Take care and many happy rides!!

Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment